STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLES AND PURPOSE
- The Monash Stroke Support Group Inc. consists of people of the Monash and neighbouring areas, who have survived a Stroke, care for Stroke survivors or are in any way interested in Stroke.
- The group shall be known as the MONASH STROKE SUPPORT GROUP Inc.
- The aims and objectives of the Monash Stroke Support Group Inc. shall be:-
- To provide a non-threatening learning environment for Stroke Survivors
- To facilitate a forum for stimulation of communication between members
- To provide support, counselling and encouragement to Stroke survivors, their families and carers
- To promote community awareness of Stroke within the local area
- To provide assistance to members on where to obtain information and assistance in relation to Stroke
- To promote and encourage rehabilitation amongst Stroke survivors
- To liaise with other like-minded groups within the community
- To liaise with medical and other allied professionals within the local area to enhance the awareness of Stroke
- To undertake any other project or support activity which may be seen as beneficial to Stroke survivors within the local area